Blanke Armaturen GmbH & Co. KG, headquartered in Bonn Bad Godesberg, is one of the leading German manufacturers of hydraulic fasteners.
Core products are elements for the pipe connection with a focus on pipe fittings according to DIN 2353 or ISO 8434-1.
The brand name BLAGO is made up of BLanke Armaturen Bad GOdesberg and was invented in the course of internationalization for easier and better recognition.
The foundation dates back to 1887. Since then, the company has always adapted to market and customer needs and diversified accordingly.
Today, the 3rd and 4th generations work hand in hand to lead the company into the age of Industry 4.0.
Year of foundation
Countries have already been supplied with products from Blanke Armaturen
Different products are produced regularly
1887 – 1945:
The company was founded in 1887 by Heinrich Blanke in Leipzig, Saxony, East Germany with only 5 employees. The first products were parts for engine lubrication and oil control such as oil eyes, lubricators, drip oilers, grease nipples and other accessories.
1905 began the construction of a larger factory in Dippoldiswalde, near Dresden.
In 1910, the expansion of production with semi-automated machines was essential, as the demand for other products rose rapidly.
In 1920, the products were already distributed throughout Europe and gained notoriety in Asia and the Orient. A complete range of lubricators, oil control devices and visual inspections were offered as catalog goods. The number of employees increased in 1944 to about 800 people.
But in 1945 the company came under Russian control. The entire operation as well as private property was completely expropriated. The Blanke family had to flee to West Germany to save their lives. All machines and equipment were transported to Siberia.
1947 – 1985:
In 1947 Johannes Blanke was able to resume operations in 2 rooms in Bad Honnef near Bonn.
In 1948 the purchase of an area with a hall and other buildings took place. The aim is again the production of lubricators, oil eyes and low-pressure fittings. In the same year, the founder Heinrich Blanke died at the age of 88 years and thus could still see the new beginning and the continuation of his life's work.
1952: The production of high-pressure fittings started on own machines. At the end of the 1950s, pipe fittings according to DIN 2353 became the main product. In the 60s, the products were sold throughout Western Europe. The production of angular and tees was also greatly expanded.
Johannes Blanke died in 1982 at the age of 83. His two sons continued to do business for the time being. But in 1985 the two brothers agree that Wirtsch.-Ing. Franz Blanke becomes managing director and sole shareholder.
1986 – 2003:
An extensive investment program with a strong focus on in-house production laid the foundation for future growth in 1986. Made in Germany was in demand like never before, and sales began in the United States, South America and Australia with great success.
Several certifications took place during the 1990s. Among other things, the quality management certificate according to DIN ISO 9001, as well as the environmental certification after 14001. Certificates were made by Det Norske Veritas, Germanischer Lloyd and other certification companies. Logistics process have been refined and improved the QM system.
2003 – today:
The economic crisis of 2003 was used for a new investment push. Thus, the range could be extended and complex parts are now manufactured with high precision.
In 2005, the standardization of the new surface structure for tube fittings in chromium-VI-free was carried out.
After 2009 saw industry feel the full extent of the 2008 financial crisis, the company continued to pursue its counter-cyclical investment strategy. Capacities were expanded and the opportunity was taken to reduce costs over the coming years.
In 2012, the development of the patented Trinova cutting ring began. It is a small revolution in the development of hydraulic connection technology.
In 2018, the implementation of a new ERP system will take place, significantly increasing the service and efficiency of the company.